What We Do
The Rapids Family Health Team is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care to help FHO physicians assist their patients in meeting their health care needs. We work with patients to prevent future health issues and manage existing health issues.
As a patient of a FHO physician (see home page), you can be referred to any of our Allied Health Professionals to take advantage of the services we have to offer. These services include:
- Diabetes Education and Management (including glucometer and insulin pen teaching, insulin starts, adjustments and titrations)
- Smoking Cessation counselling and support
- Nutrition and Dietary counselling with a Registered Dietitian
- Occupational Therapy
- Medication services with a Registered Pharmacist
- Cognitive Screening
- Balance and Mobility Assessments
- Respiratory assessments (including asthma and COPD screening and education, blood gas services, OSA screening and CPAP education)
- Well Woman clinic (PAP and clinical breast exam, etc.)
- Registered Social Workers
- Congestive Heart Failure support program
- There is no cost to the patients of FHO physicians for these services, and our wait times are minimal.