What We Do
The Rapids Family Health Team is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to help FHO physicians assist their patients in meeting their health care needs. We work with patients to prevent future health issues and manage existing health issues.
As a patient of a FHO physician (see home page), you can be referred to any of our Allied Health Professionals to take advantage of the services we have to offer. These services include:
- Diabetes Education and Management (including glucometer and insulin pen teaching, insulin starts, adjustments and titrations)
- Smoking Cessation counselling and support
- Nutrition and Dietary counselling with a Registered Dietitian
- Occupational Therapy
- Medication services with a Registered Pharmacist
- Cognitive Screening
- Balance and Mobility Assessments (temporarily unavailable)
- Respiratory assessments (including asthma and COPD screening and education, blood gas services, OSA screening and CPAP education)
- Well Woman clinic (PAP and clinical breast exam, etc.)
- Registered Social Workers
- Congestive Heart Failure support program
- There is no cost to the patients of FHO physicians for these services, and our wait times are minimal.